Saturday 30 November 2013

Magic Carpet

A few weeks back, Magic Carpet came out in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 23 No 2. It should still be at your local quilt store/newsagent, but the next issue is due out here any day now.


The block is one I drafted myself, and named Bazaar because the quilt reminded me of the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. I don't claim that the block is original, but the design was mine.

 
 
This quilt has a scrappy appearance, but I don't really consider it scrappy quilt - though it could easily be made as such. My fabrics were carefully grouped and chosen from my stash, and many of the large centre squares were also fussy-cut to show-off certain parts of the large prints.



I do love the colour and print combinatons in the different blocks and their spicy jewel-tones, so here are a few more of my favourites...




I quilted it simply with the open feather I love so much. I used a light taupe Superior Bottom Line thread top and bottom, which blended well into the myriad prints and colours.


Now I'm off to do more feathering on my friend's quilt...

1 comment:

Busy Quilting said...

Emma love the look of all those feathering/quilting designs in the border fabric of this quilt.