I haven't even started filling the borders yet, but the body of the quilt is coming along well. I've been having a bit of trouble with small birds' nests forming under the quilt, mainly where I'm doing the small filigree work. I've tried changing all sorts of settings incrementally, but haven't yet hit on the solution. I'd be interested to hear any suggestions. Update - an oil and a slight reduction in the bobbin tension seems to have doen the trick.
I'm going through a heap of thread; luckily I chose a colour I have plenty of. On the white areas of the blocks I've used white, and for the rest I'm using aqua, which is the best compromise on the dark teal and the apple green - it shows up enough to make the quilting work, but not too much. In the border, where I've already double outline-quilted the triangles with the walking foot, I'll be alternating white (for the inwards-pointing triangles) and the aqua (for the outwards-pointing triangles). I'm hoping this will add more interest to the quilting, by adding a secondary pattern - the triangles will go right across the three different coloured borders.