Monday 18 April 2011

Maybe Colour Play

I finished quilting this today. Each row is quilted with figure-8 loops, in colours to match the fabrics. Some strips are all one thread colour; others change 2 or 4 times. I've almost finished hand-stitching the back of the plain black binding, too.


I think I might call it Colour Play, but I'm not sure yet. It's the simplest quilt I've ever made, but I just love the fabrics. I need to come up with more ways of using them without losing the effect of the gradients.

3 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics! I've seen the gradient fabrics in the shops before, but I've always wondered how I would be able to use them to their fullest advantage. This is definitely a good approach to it.

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see the full view!

Sew Many Mamas said...

I just found your blog and I'm now a follower! Amazing! Your work is beautiful!!!