Thursday 29 May 2014

Cabling

I got distracted from the quilting I wanted to do tonight by my knitting. From about Easter I start feeling the urge to knit, and am getting more adventurous. Below is my first go at knitting cables, and I love it! I'm following a pattern - except I've adapetd the size.


I'm also about to start a jumper for James. I found a pattern which is close to what I want, and have done a small test knit to change the cable. I'm also going to knit it in stripes, while the original pattern uses a variegated yarn. Even in knitting where I'm quite inexperienced, I know just what I want, and will change it to make it my own!


Lastly, I started a bolero for Eleanor a while back. But I'm using different yarn, and had to upsize the pattern (it only went up to a 5), and I've run out of yarn! The body is done, but I've got next to nothing left for the sleeves (I can probably just manage some teeny-tiny capped sleeves, but Eleanor would prefer long sleeves, or at least short sleeves.) It's called Pettirosso by Moda Vera and is in lovely rusty shades. I got it at Spotlight last winter, and it's no longer available. If anyone has any to spare, I would be most grateful, from part of a ball up to 2 balls - name your price!

No comments: