Wednesday 4 January 2012

How I wonder...

Before we left Port Hughes, I finished piecing the background to this baby's quilt. I'm actually a bit surprised just how well the free-pieced curves came together, given the lack of precision in their cutting. It lies almost perfectly flat. I'll definitely be doing this again!


Due to the heat (thankfully currently abated) and activities with my extended family, I've not done any sewing since we got home, but will add the applique star (which will cover the hole) tomorrow.

This quilt's predecessors were called 'Twinkle, Twinkle' and 'Little Star' - what should I call this one?

2 comments:

Marti said...

How about "Like a diamond in the sky"

Nell said...

I would go with "Here's a Ball for Baby" because it reminds me of the underside of a big beach ball. It looks almost 3d!
p.s. If you are going to be around in the next week or so I might try to incorporate a play at that playground with dropping in to get the charity quilt?