Thursday 27 October 2011

If wishes were fishes...

...we'd all cast nets in the sea (but would they look like these two?!).


Another of my quilts was published in Asutralian Patchwork and Quilting recently, and I got my copy yesterday, but I'm experiencing some difficulties with my external hard-drive (I'm hoping it's only temporary; it has all our digital photos, and not all are backed-up elsewhere yet - you can eb sure this will serve as a good reminder to get to that over-due job ASAP!). So I don't have most of the photos I want to share of it, and I'm going to wait (hopefully just a few days) and share it properly later.

In the meantime, here's another photo of the beach quilt I've just finished. I got it bound and photographed on Tuesday morning, attached the label in the early hours of Wednesday morning, and at 5am (only a few hours later) Simon took it with him to Perth. He's working there for a few days this week, then spending the weekend visiting his sister nearby, who on Sunday had a baby boy, Kynan. I'll reveal the whole quilt in my Blogger's Quilt festival post on Friday.

(And for the curious, the words at the beginning are an old cliche, used in a song wirtten by Eric Bogle. Eric is a Scottish folk-singer, who's lived in Adelaide for about 30 years, and is most famous for his anti-war song, 'And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda'. My father is probably his biggest fan, and I grew up listening to and loving his music - and am sharing it with my own children; Eric Bogle is James' number one request when we're in the car!)

3 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

I love 'And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda' - brings back great memories of ceilidhs. Can't wait to see the beach quilt - great photo, Emma!

becanne said...

She's nobody's moggie now..

That was our fave Bogle song when we were kids - but not very p.c these days!

gjerziemarcaida said...

Your a big fan of fishes.
_____________

http://sydneyaquarium.net