Thursday 6 October 2011

Horse proof

Here's a look at the quilting I was doing last weekend at Port Hughes. This is one of the beach scene quilts I've recently designed, and I was busy selecting fabrics. I didn't get as much done as I'd planned, as I was plagued with migraines - three in a long weekend is entirely unreasonable!


I bought this horse print with Adds early last year, and she teased me mercilessly over it, but I was convinced it would be useful for my beach quilts. See?!

Simon's cousin and his family came up as well, and Donna sat up and chatted with me while I selected fabrics late one night, which was much more pleasant than being up on my own. And she even helped with some of the fabric selections! I'm hoping they come up again with us sometime.


By the end of the weekend, I'd pieced all the foundation sections, and have been working on the next pieces since. I'm very lucky I have such understanding in-laws who are happy to let me commandeer their dining table and living areas - though it may have helped on this occasion that the quilt will be for their sixth grandchild, due in a few weeks!

No comments: