Tuesday 5 July 2011

Quilting outside the block

Here are some images of the quiting I've been doing, from the back so the quilting shows better.


The quilting itself is far from perfect, but it creates a good pattern, and I'm really pleased with the way I designed the quilting around the spaces rather than the square blocks. The image below shows a 'unit' of quilting, which is equal in space to one block, but does not fill a square block space.


I've quilted most of the units in pairs, and am now going around the edge, quilting the individual units.


For comparison, below is the same photo, with the blocks (and narrow sashing) roughly marked in purple:


From the front, it would be ideal to ditch quilt around each palm, but I really didn't feel like it, and the quilt doesn't need it; it will be a lap quilt not a show quilt!

No comments: