Thank you for the lovely response to the peeks I posted! I will try to answer the questions individually, but for now I can let you know that this quilt will be one of the projects in Vol. 20 No. 11 of Australian Patchwork & Quilting later this year; you can be sure I'll share when it comes out. The block I drafted myself (though I'm sure it's not original) after I was inspired by a picture of a quilt shown to me by Adds. Each of the blocks has different colouring, but using a limited palette which ties them together. Below is a different version:
I also thought tonight I'd share one of my mistakes - I do make them! Usually they're not particularly obvious to anyone but me, or I don't think to photograph them at the time, but this evening's was ideal.
You can see in the picture above (with the incorrectly placed piece) a Hera marker. I find it probably better than a wooden seam roller (when used with care) for 'pressing' the seams on foundation-piecing as I go. It's quick to do, holds well, and I don't waste time or electricity going to the ironing board. I also use the Hera marker for marking lines as originally intended (I love it for mitring bindings) - it has become one of my favourite tools, and it's so simple (and relatively cheap)! I have no connections, but I really do recommend getting one of these and giving it a try.
Below is a correctly-pieced segment, for comparison. Luckily I only got one wrong, and it only took a couple of minutes to unpick and resew.