Thursday 28 April 2011

Quilting is a Hoot

While we were away, I quilted this beautiful single bed quilt made by Nell.


The fabrics are lovely (Moda's It's a Hoot), and because it was well-pieced, it laid flat without fuss - a definite plus for a quilter!


Nell wanted an swirly/flowery type of allover, and I chose this open meandering feather which I really like.


I had the perfect colour Aurifil thread to match the border fabric and blend nicely with the rest of the prints and it quilted up beautifully; this was a real pleasure to quilt.


I didn't have my usual set-up for photos, but the glorious afternoon sunshine helped accentuate the quilting.


Nell is also working on some Quilts for Queensland tops, which I'm going to be quilting, and I'm looking forward to receiving those next!

3 comments:

Jen of ReannaLily Designs said...

Your feathers are beautiful! I have to give that a try one of these days.

Nic Wood said...

looks stunning emma.

Nic xxx

thehummingcat said...

Flat like my quilt tops!! Love it, very noice.