Here's another look at the quilting from the back of the quilt. This was taken before I finished filling in the last gaps with clear monfilament. The centre motif was adapted from a Patsy Thompson stencil, and I made my own stencil for the curved cross-hatching.
Unfortunately the marking pencil wouldn't come out easily, and I had to handwash the quilt to get it out, which means the quilt has now lost that wonderful crisp, textured look. I know a lot of people love the crinkly, antique look that washing gives a quilt, but it doesn't do anything for me. At least with nice weather and the fan on all day, it has dried reasonably quickly.
I finished writing the instructions tonight and just have a few things to pull together and the binding and label to attach before I send it off on Tuesday. I'll try and get some more photos before then, but it'll only be peeks until this one comes out in Australian Patchwork and Quilting later in the year.