Friday 3 December 2010

New designs

While my finger was holding me up, I focused on designing the next two quilts.




This one has relatively little piecing, and is quite bold and modern in solid black and white, with the hot pink quilting designed as a feature. The quilting patterns shown here are only examples; not exactly what I have planned but close enough to give the right idea. I'm really looking forward to making this one!


This second one is much more traditional, and has a LOT of pieces! I have some rough quilting ideas for this, but have plenty of time to make a final decision.


They're now mostly cut (much more slowly and carefully than a few weeks ago!) and waiting for me to set up my massive new A3 printer to print out the required foundations.

My finger is healing slowly; I have been leaving it uncovered when I can, but even while it's covered, I've set it back a bit by bumping and knocking it on things - and that's still trying to look after it!

1 comment:

Joan said...

You are up late Emma - pleased to know your finger is healing - if not a fast as you would like. Also great to see what you have planned next.