Monday 20 September 2010

Elephant quilt preview

Even though it's late, and I only have photos taken prior to binding this quilt (taken outside while James and Eleanor were on the trampoline) I couldnt wait to share it! This is the quilt using the elephant flannel that Valori sent me, for my sister's baby boy Edward.


I had wanted to use more of Valori's flannel prints which I already had, but in the end they detracted from the elephants, so I used a few for the triangles, then added a subtle blue.


I used one of my new quilting stencils in the non-elephant blocks. Flannel is hard to mark on, and unfortunately ym new poiunce, which would have been much easier, didn't show up on the mottled blue fabric - partly because it's quite pale, but also I suspect because of the flannel fabric. I'll have to test the pounce on another quilt.

I finished the binding tonight and will add the label tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's Gorgeous...Love the Cute Elephants around the sq...Lovely Colours & Quilting...
cheers

SueWis said...

I love this, so cute! The elephants are just adorable and the colors are great!