Monday 15 March 2010

Abandoned

Having finished packing etc at 2am on the Thursday night, I abandoned the quilt. We had to be up bty 4.30 for our flight, and there were still several hours of quilting left before I could even start to attach the binding by machine, and I figured 2 hours sleep was better than none.

This means I'll be able to spend some time giving the stars the attention they deserve while quilting. I do regret my choice of filler; I don't really like the effect on this quilt, it's frustrating and slow to sew, and even though I chose it as a 'quick' option without being a plain stipple, it wasn't quick, and a plain stipple would have looked better/ I need to overcome my stubbornness sometimes!

This post will have to be photo-free, since I've not downloaded my photos onto this computer - I'm borrowing my father-in-law's in a peaceful house after everyone else has long gone to bed - and its only 10pm! There'll be a flurry of photos once we're home and they're sorted.

We had a lovely time at the wedding, and I'm looking forward to catching up with some online friends in and around Perth in the next few days.

No comments: