DQS8 quilt is finished, apart from the label, and will be ready to send, along with a couple of other quilts on Monday. I added the binding after taking these photos.
Kellie's applique technique to sew the shapes on after sandwiching the quilt, as it gives the back much better definition, and I do like a nice quilt back! I chose embroidery threads for the applique, partly because they were the best colour matches. But these threads don't always FMQ well, and I ended up doing lots of the applique with the walking foot. I can't imagine how many times I rotated the quilt under the needle - lucky it's small!
Leah's McTavishing closely to see why I liked hers so much, and realised I needed to make some of my wavy lines a little curvier and more S-shaped. I think it worked!