Tuesday 15 December 2009

Hushabye Stars

Here's a quick look at what I'm sewing right now. It's for one of the teachers at James and Eleanor's child care centre. I find pastels a challenge, but was inspired by this quilt to use my Hushabye FQ bundle.


I'm still not sure about just using a single range (well, except for my Farmers' Market designs!) in a quilt, but I'm hoping the white will give it the contrast that pastels seem to lack. I'm going to do the pieced border basically the same, but I went with a star block which uses a larger centre square and can therefore showacse a little some of the fabulous prints. I find they disappear too much with only smaller pieces, and that's half the fun of this fabric.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish piecing it, and can get on with quilting the new allover I want to try!

No comments: