Friday 9 October 2009

DQS7 Quilt sent

At last, here are the 'good' photos of Out of Season, the quilt I made for the seventh round of the Flickr Doll Quilt Swap for Nicole at Craftapalooza, which coincidentally, she just happened to blog today! I won't go into too much description, as I've done that before, and will leave you with photo-overload instead!
The whole design was inspired by Nicole's love of apples.
Quilting detail:
I hadn't intended to use this fabric for the apples, but when I cut a sample one to play with shape and placement, the shading was completely perfect, and I didn't have a choice!
From the back:
I've been choosing fabric for more wintry trees tonight.

1 comment:

Lily Mulholland said...

Emma it's a true work of art. You should consider making more for your shop and writing it up as a project for Homespun.