Sunday 12 July 2009

Overestimation

I promised to knit James and Eleanor new scarves this winter. But after the knitting shop way overestimated the yarn required for each (4 balls, when 1 was plenty) I decided to make them matching scarves for their 2 favourite toys each, and had a go at matching hats - my first attempt at anything shaped.
Here's Eleanor with her hat, scarf, and 2 teddy scarves; I'm pretty proud of my efforts, and she seems pretty pleased, too!
James has to wait, because I'm redoing his hat, which turned out a bit big.

4 comments:

thehummingcat said...

awwwwww. Good job on the hat.

Eila said...

So beautiful!

Annieofbluegables said...

She's beautiful! What a darling little girl and what beautiful knitted things.
~a

Lily Mulholland said...

So that's how the yarn shop makes money! Well done on finding a way to use up the excess. Doesn't Eleonor look pleased!