Wednesday 11 February 2009

Snissors

James has been doing a lot of writing and cutting this week. Here are a selection of Js (he turns the paper frequently!). And he loves the 'snissors' and can cut along a line quite well. He likes to cut a slit into a piece of paper to make pants for Bec! And we have had numerous pieces of scrap paper turned into confetti. He stands beside me while I cut fabric and does his 'work' as we chat; most companionable.
But it's all hard work, and he needed a nap under his teddy quilt!

I've started work on my niece's bed quilt. The first few nights I was restricted because I'd orderd some fabric which ended up being too dark. Luckily I found what I needed at an Australian online store, and has the right shades within 2 days. In fact, I've had 3 orders with the same shop in a week, because I keep finding other stuff I need urgently.
First came a strip of these double-backed flying geese, because I had all the fabric I needed.
I decided to start on Eleanor's teddy quilt when I'd got as far as I could with the bed quilt - but ran out of a fabric for that, too! Some blue fossil fern should arrive for that tomorrow.
The block above will be getting pink corners; I got it this far last night before the paler pink arrived.
And this triangle will be 1/8th of a block, but I didn't have enough of the green to do more at that stage. I've now completed 40 of these for one strip, and have another 40 to go for the 5 blocks in another strip.

2 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Awe, he's so cute:)

Austysmum said...

Aaaawww - James looks so adorable in that photo. I wish I could get photos of Austy asleep on the couch just so I could take photos like all of the ones you have of James under a quilt on the lounge. Alas... he will only sleep in his bed, and only when it's dark outside... sigh.

The blocks all look bright, fun and fantastic. Hope that fabric is here pronto for you to finish them off. Can't wait to see more "Emma quilts".