Thursday 11 December 2008

Baby boom!

I was doing such a good job of working through my quilting To Do List, but then the baby boom hit! In the last fortnight alone, four friends have announced their pregnancies! I now have 8 baby quilts to make by August, and there are sure to be more!

I've finished Our Favourite Star. I was having such fun with the stippling, I did it on this quilt, too. In fact, that's all the quilting I did on it! The stars are unquilted, and everywhere else is the white background covered in stippling. I found the perfect matching fabric to bind it in my stash. It's just awaiting its label (printed ready) tomorrow night, and a photo session on Friday before it's posted to Queensland.

I've also been meaning to say, the first of our Round Robin quilts has returned to its nest at Joy's where she will have to find time with a newborn to quilt it! Isn't it beautiful? The others are on their way, or will be soon.

2 comments:

Jo said...

another beautiful quilt Emma. I like the white background as it really emphasises the colours.

did you find stippling hard when you first started it?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I just love the colours you've used, and the white background really sets them off beautifully.

Have fun with all the baby quilts!