Monday 23 June 2008

Outline quilting

The centre panel of The Quilt at Pooh Corner is a 10" by 15" print of the map in "Winnie the Pooh". Too big to leave entirely unquilted, it was begging to have the characters (and more) outlined. I decided I'd at least do the characters, so with some trepidation, I threaded the machine with matching cotton and had a go. It's a bit hard to see (and I experimented with several lighting options) but in the end I was relatively happy with my work. And I don't think my skills extend to further outlining just yet, so I'll stop while I'm ahead. Just the binding and the label to do, and this quilt is ready to go!

2 comments:

Milly said...

It looks lovely Emma.

Lily Mulholland said...

You did a fantastic job Emma!

That dinner party looks like it was a riot! Too cute with Eleonor joining in!