Sunday 18 May 2008

Still stuck

Ultimately I decided none of the black and white fabrics I have work with the design, so I called Simon in. He had a look at the full applique laid out on the small swirls, and agreed it wasn't right. He foolishly suggested grey swirls on black, so I searched Quiltshops and found a few - I don't think that part was in his mind somehow! Naturally it is uneconomical to order 1 yard of fabric from the US, so I've had to pull together a few small orders for both (of course they are at different shops!). Stay tuned to hear whether I have any more success with these!
I've also discovered a new selection of designers' blogs and found some new ranges of fabric I love. Farmer's Market from portabellopixie would have to be one of my favourites. This week was Quilt Market in America, where a lot of new lines are debuted, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of them blogged next week (and in my online shopping carts sometime soon!)

No comments: