Friday 28 December 2007

2007 in Quilts

Taking Helen's lead, I thought I would finish the year with a summary of the quilts I have completed this year.

The first was one of my favourites, Seaside, a cot quilt for my first niece, Zoe:
Then a cot quilt for Charlie, son of one of my EB friends, using Paula Nadelstern's Puzzle quilt ideas:
The next quilt was rather sad; a memory quilt called Angel Stars for one of the mothers in my EB Parents' group, who lost both her twins:
Next were a couple more cot quilts. For my cousin's baby Angus:
And one for a colleague's baby Joshua, born only 4 hours before Eleanor, and across the hallway from us in hospital:
Next was James' big-bed quilt, Snow in the Jungle:
A quilt for Eleanor's room, to be revealed after its June 2008 publication in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Magazine :
Another cot quilt for a friend's 2nd boy, Zach, Oriental Dragonflies:
At last a quilt for Eleanor to play on and named by James; E'nor Wrug:
A Disappearing Nine Patch made as a swap with the Essential Baby Quilters; Where Did the Irises Disappear To?:
Yet another cot quilt for an EB friend having her 2nd baby, Hannah; Sunrise to Sunset:
And finally the rush of 4 play quilts for Kellie's children just in time for Christmas.
I also set myself a challenge with the Essential Baby Quilters to finish remaking the king-sized hand-pieced quilt I made in 1998-99, by the end of this year. I only have to finish the quilting and binding, and will be taking it with me to Simon's parents' holiday house at Port Hughes tomorrow. I think I will get it done.

I have a handful of quilts already in mind for 2008; most urgently 2 commissioned quilts for a couple of little girls' first big beds. Stay tuned!
I hope 2007 was a wonderful year for you all, and that 2008 is happy, healthy, and (you know who you are, girls!) full of babies and sewing!

5 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Emma - WOW! I am so impressed with the diversity of patterns and colours! You are a very versatile and accomplished quilter! And generous.

Gorgeous photos of your two bubs :)

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas. Enjoy Port Hughes!

Helen said...

Wow Emma! A fantastic collection of a years work. My favourite was Angel Stars, that one is lovely. They all are! Happy quilting for 2008!

~Niki~ said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show. Beautiful work!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my favourite is still Eleanors pink and green quilt. Just beautiful (as usual)

Becky said...

I have heard so much about your Seaside quilt that I had to come and have a look for myself.

It is AMAZING!! Actually, all your quilts are amazing :)