Thursday 25 October 2007

Where did the Irises Disappear to?

Finally I've got the chance to blog my latest FO. This is the D9P I made using squares swapped with the EB Quilters .
I was a bit stuck about where to take it once the centre was sone, until Lily's comment about it looking like Dutch irises. Since they're my favourite flower (and just happened to be blooming in my garden at the time) I started photographing and got inspired. This is the result.

I really enjoyed free-motion-quilting the irises. None of them are perfect, but I don't mind. They're original at least!

The corner photos and label were printed onto special printable fabric, and I'm really happy with them.
Photo in the quilt:

The original photo:

Label detail:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Irises are a favorite of mine too. The corner iris block just makes the quilt. Well done